- Minimum qualifications: All applications submitted are reviewed to identify the applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
- Comparative analysis process: next, applicants will go through a comparative analysis. The type of process will depend on the position being filled as well as the number of qualified applicants.
- Interview: Final candidates may complete an interview prior to being given a conditional offer of employment.
- Conditional offer: all offers made are contingent on a pre-employment background check that includes a polygraph exam, criminal history check and/or other conditions of employment.
Yes, most of our positions require a current Colorado residency; however a handful of our positions are exempt from that requirement or have a residency waiver in place.
Health and dental, retirement plans, paid time off plus 10 holidays per year, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance and disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, discounts, and more. Visit our Benefits Page for more details.
Yes. Our internship programs provide students with a unique opportunity to apply classroom skills and theory to real life work situations.
- Internships are unpaid positions.
- Benefits to the internship experience include university credit, practical work experience, state training and networking opportunities.
Current internship opportunities:
- Colorado Bureau of Investigation Forensic Lab-Pueblo and Denver-Summer internship
- Colorado Bureau of Investigation- 12 months unpaid internship
- Runs from June - August each year.
- Time commitment: 8-16 hours per week.
- Location: Lakewood
- Contact: email@example.com
- Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management internship
- CDPS Human Resources unpaid internship
- Please submit your recent resume and a cover letter to apply.
- Commitment: 8-20 hours a week.
- Location: Lakewood.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org