Gain valuable experience to transition into the civilian workforce.
The Department of Defense (DoD) SkillBridge program is an opportunity for military service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through specific industry training, apprenticeships, or internships during the last 180 days of service. SkillBridge connects Service members with industry partners in real-world job experiences.
The Department of Public Safety proudly participates in the SkillBridge program, welcoming military members to work alongside our public safety experts in a range of areas of expertise.
All internships require a minimum commitment of 24-32 hours to the project and assigned work unit, fulfilled during core business hours. A total of 8 to 16 hours per week will be allowed for DOD or VA-related commitments and CDPS networking and events/trainings
To get started, take the following steps:
- Check out the current internship opportunities on this page.
- If you have questions or need more information, contact Anastasiya.Schomaker@state.co.us.
- If you see an opportunity that interests you and you want to get started, fill out fill out the CDPS SkillBridge Intake Questionnaire.
- A CDPS HR representative will contact you to see if you are a good fit for the project and team.
- All Skillbridge interns are onboarded on every third Monday of the month.