Our most popular services - by division
Find It Fast
- Criminal Records & Background Checks
- Internet Background check
- Warrants: Are not available to the public. Please contact your local police department or sheriff's office.
- Arrest Records & Criminal History
- Court Cases & Records: Are maintained by the courts. Visit the Colorado Judicial Branch or your municipal or county court.
- Roads, Vehicles & Traffic Safety
- Emergencies & Wildfires
- Offender Treatment & Management
- Sex Offender Registry
- Contact a Community Corrections Program or Facility
- Find a Sex Offender Treatment Provider
- Find a Domestic Violence Offender Treatment Provider
- Prison Information/Contact Someone in Prison (Department of Corrections)
- Contact Someone in Community Corrections: CDPS does not maintain records of individuals within the community corrections system. The person must give you their contact information directly.
News and Updates
September 16, 2021
(September 16, 2021) - The National Day of Remembrance for Murder Victims is commemorated each year on September 25.
August 23, 2021
(Aug. 23, 2021) The Colorado Division of Criminal Justice (DCJ) today announced the call for state and local law enforcement agencies to submit their interest in receiving a portion of $6 million that the Colorado Legislature set aside for funding body-worn cameras. Agencies that would like to apply for grant funding must submit an intent to apply by Sept. 10, 2021.
August 2, 2021
(Aug. 2, 2021) -- After more than a year of change, parents and students may feel uncertain heading into the upcoming school year. Experts with the Colorado School Safety Resource Center (the Center) within the Colorado Department of Public Safety have noticed that while many parents are excited for a return to fully in-person schooling, they are also concerned about how to make that transition…