Our most popular services - by division
Find It Fast
- Firearms (Click to expand menu)
- Colorado Gun laws
- Concealed Carry: Fees, Reciprocity, FAQs
- Transfers & Background Checks
- Criminal Records & Background Checks (Click to expand menu)
- Internet Background check
- Warrants: Are not available to the public. Please contact your local police department or sheriff's office.
- Arrest Records & Criminal History
- Court Cases & Records: Are maintained by the courts. Visit the Colorado Judicial Branch or your municipal or county court.
- Roads, Vehicles & Traffic Safety (Click to expand menu)
- Marijuana (Click to expand menu)
- Emergencies & Wildfires (Click to expand menu)
- Offender Treatment & Management (Click to expand menu)
- Sex Offender Registry
- Contact a Community Corrections Program or Facility
- Find a Sex Offender Treatment Provider
- Find a Domestic Violence Offender Treatment Provider
- Prison Information/Contact Someone in Prison (Department of Corrections)
- Contact Someone in Community Corrections: CDPS does not maintain records of individuals within the community corrections system. The person must give you their contact information directly.
News and Updates
January 27, 2023
(Jan. 27, 2023) Law enforcement leaders within the Colorado Department of Public Safety released this statement today:
January 12, 2023
(Jan. 12, 2023) -- On Aug. 16, 2022, the Colorado Department of Public Safety hired ILG Strategic Services to complete a workplace assessment of the Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management (DHSEM). The assessment aimed to:
January 4, 2023
(Jan. 4, 2023) – January is Human Trafficking Awareness Month. The State of Colorado is launching its 2023 campaign to raise awareness via street teams, outreach in unexpected places, and a critical message: Anyone can be a victim.