Our most popular services - by division
Find It Fast
- Firearms (Click to expand menu)
- Criminal Records & Background Checks (Click to expand menu)
- Internet Background check
- Warrants: Are not available to the public. Please contact your local police department or sheriff's office.
- Arrest Records & Criminal History
- Court Cases & Records: Are maintained by the courts. Visit the Colorado Judicial Branch or your municipal or county court.
- Roads, Vehicles & Traffic Safety (Click to expand menu)
- Marijuana (Click to expand menu)
- Emergencies & Wildfires (Click to expand menu)
- Offender Treatment & Management (Click to expand menu)
- Sex Offender Registry
- Contact a Community Corrections Program or Facility
- Find a Sex Offender Treatment Provider
- Find a Domestic Violence Offender Treatment Provider
- Prison Information/Contact Someone in Prison (Department of Corrections)
- Contact Someone in Community Corrections: CDPS does not maintain records of individuals within the community corrections system. The person must give you their contact information directly.
News and Updates
May 25, 2022
The Colorado Department of Public Safety mourns the loss of the victims that were killed in the supermarket shooting in Buffalo, NY, and elementary school in Uvalde, Texas. We pray for the recovery of all the victims. We also recognize the trauma this may cause many others as two more horrific shootings impact our entire nation.
April 15, 2022
(April 15, 2022) - After convening experts from across the state who have dealt with unimaginable crises in educational settings, the Colorado School Safety Resource Center (CSSRC) recently released new Crisis Guidelines
March 9, 2022
(March 9, 2022) -- The Polis administration, through the Colorado Department of Public Safety (CDPS) and the Colorado Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA), is launching an effort to collect surplus body armor and ballistic helmets to be sent to assist the Ukrainian people.