Our internship programs provide students with a unique opportunity to apply classroom skills and theory to real life work situations. Internships are unpaid positions. Benefits include university credit, practical work experience, state training, and networking opportunities.
- Colorado Bureau of Investigation Forensic Lab-Pueblo and Denver-Summer internship
- Colorado Bureau of Investigation- 12 months unpaid internship
- Runs from June - August each year.
- Time commitment: 8-16 hours per week.
- Location: Lakewood
- Contact: email@example.com
- Colorado Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management internship
- CDPS Human Resources unpaid internship
- Please submit your recent resume and a cover letter to apply.
- Commitment: 8-20 hours a week.
- Location: Lakewood.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
DoD SkillBridge Internships
The Department of Defense (DoD) SkillBridge program is an opportunity for military service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through specific industry training, apprenticeships, or internships during the last 180 days of service. SkillBridge connects Service members with industry partners in real-world job experiences.
The Department of Public Safety proudly participates in the SkillBridge program, welcoming military members to work alongside our public safety experts in a range of areas of expertise.
Examples of some of the internship possibilities include:
- CDPS Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Support and Coordination (remote )
- Police emergency and non-emergency communications (in person: Denver, Lakewood, Pueblo, Craig, Alamosa)
- CBI Investigations, Pueblo (in person)
- DFPC Building (Healthcare and Schools)
- DFPC Fire Inspector Apprentice (in person, Lakewood; Travel statewide required)
- DHSEM Marketing Specialist (hybrid, Centennial)
- Colorado State Patrol Photographer, Videographer, Graphic Designer (Golden, in person)
- Auto/truck mechanics (Fort Collins and Golden, in person)
- Supply chain management/warehouse workers (Fort Collins)
- Logistics specialists (Fort Collins)
- Human Resources Office (hybrid) recruitment, sourcing, community outreach, onboarding, process improvement, policy development.
- The Office of Audit, Risk, and Compliance
For more information or to apply for the program, contact Anatasiya.Schomaker@state.co.us, or if you know you want to get started, fill out the CDPS SkillBridge Intake Questionnaire.