We Want Your Input on Public Safety Rulemaking
The process of reviewing and changing rules and regulations is a public one. Please see the information below for upcoming decisions and discussions and how to comment. Your comments will be taken into consideration during the rulemaking process, and you are always welcome to attend any meetings associated with the rulemaking process.
CDPS is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. As part of this commitment, CDPS will ensure reasonable accommodations are provided to enable all people to engage fully in our trainings, meetings and events. To request accommodations, please contact Patricia.Billinger@state.co.us at least two weeks before the meeting date for which you need an accommodation. Please make sure also to let us know if you need any of the materials in an alternative format, including translation into a language other than English.
For more information or to ask questions, please contact Rules Administrator Patricia Billinger (Patricia.Billinger@state.co.us). You can also submit your feedback on your experience as a participant in a recent virtual rulemaking hearing through this Virtual Hearing Feedback Survey.
As always, all Colorado Department of Public Safety rules currently in effect are available on the Secretary of State’s Website.
This is the planned rules review and hearing schedule for calendar year 2023. View the detailed 2023 agenda here. (PDF)
- 8 CCR 1507-12
- 8 CCR 1507-22
- 8 CCR 1507-23
- 8 CCR 1507-25
- 8 CCR 1507-26
- 8 CCR 1507-27
- 8 CCR 1507-28
- 8 CCR 1507-33
- 8 CCR 1507-53
- 8 CCR 1507-57
- 8 CCR 1507-3
- 8 CCR 1507-34
- 8 CCR 1507-40
- 8 CCR 1507-41
- 8 CCR 1507-58
Hearings & Proposed Rulemaking
The following are CDPS hearings to review and update rules and regulations for consistency with Colorado statutes, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or national criteria.
CDPS is committed to the full inclusion of all individuals. As part of this commitment, CDPS will ensure reasonable accommodations are provided to enable all people to engage fully in our trainings, meetings and events. To request accommodations, please contact email@example.com at least 2 weeks prior to the hearing/meeting. Please make sure also to let us know if you need any of the materials translated into a language other than English or provided in an alternative format.
Upcoming Hearings & Proposed Rulemaking
- 8 CCR 1507-60 Fire Suppression Ponds - Feb. 14, 2023
Completed Hearings & Rulemaking
- Various Commercial Vehicle Rules - Jan. 17, 2023
- 8 CCR 1507-48 Preventing Identity-Based Violence Program - Jan. 20, 2023
- 8 CCR 1507-1, 22, 25 & 28 Commercial Vehicles & Hazardous Materials Transport - Feb. 2, 2022
- 8 CCR 1507-29 Evidence Collection in Connection with Sexual Assaults - Aug. 8, 2022
- 8 CCR 1507-11 Fire Suppression - Aug. 10, 2022
- 8 CCR 1507-47 Colorado Nonprofit Security Grant Program - Aug. 15, 2022
- DHSEM Grant Program Rules - Oct. 5, 2022
- 8 CCR 1507-45 School Security Disbursement Program
- 8 CCR 1507-48 Preventing Identity-Based Violence Grant Program
- 8 CCR 1507-59 Catalytic Converter Identification and Theft Prevention Grant Program - Oct. 5, 2022
- 8 CCR 1507-56 Motorcycle Operator Safety Training (MOST) Program - Oct. 18, 2022
- 8 CCR 1507-36 Missing Indigenous Persons Alert Program - Oct. 19, 2022
- 8 CCR 1507-52 Reduced Ignition Propensity Cigarettes (Fire Safe Cigarettes) - Nov. 3, 2022
- 8 CCR 1507-101 Building and Fire Code Adoption and Certification of Inspectors for Fire & Life Safety Programs - Nov. 15, 2022
Get Involved, Stay Informed!
About CDPS Rulemaking and Stakeholder Engagement
Virtually all state government agencies issue rules or regulations of some kind. Most rules and regulations exist at the direction of the state legislature in order to regulate certain business and personal activities. Rules and regulations exist because it's easier to update them, eliminate them, or alter them administratively than it is to pass new legislation as conditions change.
CDPS Protocol: How We Engage Stakeholders
Find out how the processes CDPS uses to engage stakeholder and how you can get involved by visiting our Stakeholder Engagement Protocol Page.