The Division of Fire Prevention and Control (DFPC) will hold a virtual rulemaking hearing regarding proposed changes to the Reduced Ignition Propensity Cigarettes Standards and Certification (Fire Safe Cigarettes) rules and invites public comment from our many stakeholders.
- The purpose of this rule change is to provide clarification and written directions to the Certification Application and Recertification Procedures under section 3.4, as well as to provide Supplemental Application Procedures under the new section 3.5.
- This rule change also allows for general clean-up of definitions, the removal or update of outdated provisions, as well as grammatical and formatting inconsistencies or errors.
- WHEN: 11:30 am, Thursday, Nov. 3, 2022
- WHERE: Virtual meeting
- Registration in advance is required in order to attend the hearing. Click Here to Register to Attend the Virtual Hearing.
- Indicate whether you wish to comment during the hearing.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Copy of Rules Filed:
Download a PDF version of the proposed rules (PDF).
Comments may be submitted via the Online Comment Form or given during the public hearing. If you have questions or need more information about the rules, please contact Fire and Life Safety Section Chief Chris Brunette at Chris.Brunette@state.co.us or 303-239-4600.
Download the hearing exhibits (PDF).
**Please note that the exhibits posted here online do not include the names and contact information of stakeholders we communicated with regarding this hearing and the opportunity to comment. Complete evidence of our stakeholder outreach efforts will be included in the permanent record of this rulemaking, and may be viewed at our offices upon request.