The Colorado State Patrol (CSP) will hold a hybrid in-person and virtual rulemaking public hearing concerning the Motorcycle Operator Safety Training (MOST) Program, 8 CCR 1507-56, on Oct.18, 2022, at 9 am.
The CSP seeks to update these rules to provide accurate and version-specific references to CO MOST documents incorporated into the rules in response to a review completed by the Office of Legislative Legal Services and to provide more complete and accurate information to CO MOST Vendors, CO MOST Instructors, stakeholders, and otherwise interested parties. No other updates, substantive or otherwise, are proposed. The amendments are being proposed to affect the following specific sections of these rules:
- Sections 3.1.35 and 3.1.36, definitions for “PnP” or “CO MOST PnP” and “Program Agreement,” updating each definition through the addition of CO MOST Document information identifying the document version applicable to these rules;
- Section 3.1.39, the definition for “Reinstatement,” updating the definition’s reference to the CO MOST Accountability and Resolution Matrix to include the document version of the Matrix applicable to these rules;
- Section 12.1.1 is updated to reflect that later amendments or editions of the CO MOST PnP, CO MOST Program Agreement, and CO MOST Accountability and Resolution Matrix incorporated in these rules are not included;
- Sections 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206, updating the website information for NHTSA documents referenced by these rules; and
- Section 12.3, updating the website information where the public may access a copy of 8 CCR 1507-56 online.
Download the proposed rules here (PDF) .
- WHEN: 9 am, Tuesday, October 18, 2022
- WHERE: Two options for attending: in-person or remote via online meeting
- In person: American Mountaineering Center, 710 10th St., Golden, CO. 80401
- Virtual meeting: Google Meet video call link: https://meet.google.com/abp-dxgr-wvd
Or dial: (US) +1 209-764-5905 PIN: 274 012 339#
Copy of Rules Filed:
Download a PDF version of the rules filed with the Colorado Secretary of State and Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies and as published in the Colorado Register on September 25, 2022.
Comments may also be submitted via email to the CSP Rulemaking Coordinator Angelina Page (email@example.com) and to MOST Program Coordinator Chris Corbo (Chris.Corbo@state.co.us).
Download the Hearing Exhibits (PDF).
*Please note that the exhibits posted here online do not include the names and contact information of stakeholders we communicated with regarding this hearing and the opportunity to comment. Complete evidence of our stakeholder outreach efforts will be included in the permanent record of this rulemaking, and may be viewed at our offices upon request.